What do you think God sees when He looks at you?

God has me gathering the answers to this question and putting them in a book along with chapters on:
What Gods Word Says About Not Measuring Up
God's Word Regarding Struggling, Trying and Striving
Face and Conquer Fear
What Does God Say About Unforgiveness
Who Impacted You?
Are You Impacting Others?
God's Covenant With Us

Friday, November 6, 2009

Do You Ever Wonder About God?

It wasn't until I was 30 that I started wondering about God. Who he was etc.

In my late 20's a neighbor had come over to tell me all about Jesus and His dying on the cross for my sins so that I could be forgiven by God for my sins and have everlasting life and a personal relationship with God. I thanked her for her time and for telling me about Jesus, but I couldn't invite Him into my life because it didn't make sense to me.

So when I turned 30 it was crisis time. When younger you have such big plans for your life. Then at 30 you look at the reality of life and you realize it isn't what you expected. Personally for me I didn't like what my life was. A friend told me about a Bible Study she was going to. So my husband who had just completed a course in college on the Bible and I decided to visit the group and see if we wanted to come back. We met a lot of friendly, down to earth people. In a few weeks we were given the gospel again and in silent prayer it was suggested we pray to receive Jesus.

Well, duh! I knew I was unhappy with the way my life was going. So with my usual cocky attitude I prayed. Lord, IF YOU ARE WHO YOU SAY YOU ARE AND IF YOU REALLY ARE GOD AND REALLY DIED FOR MY SINS. If you really are, then I want to give my life to you because I'm not happy with what I've done with it. So I said, I know I am a sinner and you died for my sins so I could be forgiven and have everlasting life and a personal relationship with you. Thank you for dying for me. If you are real please come into my life. . . .

Nothing happened, I felt exactly the same as before I prayed that prayer. So I figured nothing happened. God knew my thoughts. When we started to leave the Bible Study I felt like I was walking several feet off the ground. It startled me and I looked down to see if my feet were on the ground. They were, but I wasn't. I was confused and then inside I realized it was God letting me know He had heard my prayer and had answered it.

How would God answer if you were to give your life to Him? I have no idea. God knows your heart and He knows how to let you know He has heard your prayer. If nothing else you will know because your attitude will change. Little things will change or you will do them differently. He will move at your pace when it comes to teaching you about Him.

I do suggest you read Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Romand 5:8 and Romans 10:8, 9, 10, 11 and 13. If you don't have a Bible go to Biblegateway.com and look up these passages. I suggest you use the Amplified version or Living Bible. King James can be a bit difficult to understand.

As you can tell, I did not completely believe before I prayed but God made me a believer. I pray you will give God a try. In Isaiah, in the old testament, God said: "I was found by those who sought Me not. I became manifest to those who did not ask for Me."

Give God a try, what have you got to lose? What do you have to gain! Treasure unspeakable. It is life changing in a very good way. Does praying to God mean you'll never have hard times? No. Does it mean you'll be come wealthy regarding possessions and money? No, But God has a wealth that surpasses that kind of wealth. He does make several promises. One is that you will always have what you need. Not necessarily what you want, but what you need.

God reveal yourself to the person reading this in a way that He will know and will realize that you are who you say you are. When he/she gives his/her life to you he/she is set free from the bondage of the Old Testament and because of your death on the cross all sins are all forgiven and he/she now lives under the teaching of the Holy Spirit thru the New Testament. Help him/her to understand now to walk in the freedom of a New Testament Christian.

Contact me if you wish to ask questions or chat about being a Christian.

No comments: